Your mood affects both your mental and physical health. When your mood is down it may affect you in a variety of different ways but not limited to lacking motivation, disengaging from work responsibilities, and withdrawing from personal relationships. Therefore, finding ways to boost your mood are crucial in helping you carry out your daily routine.
Here are ten activities that can help boost your mood and improve your overall mental and physical well-being:
1. Take a walk outside and sit on the grass. Feel the grass between your toes as you watch the clouds pass by.
2. Soak in a warm bath with scented candles and listen to calming music.
3. Engage in proper sleep hygiene. Make sure you get yourself on a positive routine to get the right amount of uninterrupted sleep each night.
4. Cuddle up in a soft blanket or hug a soft stuffed animal.
5. Write down five things that you are grateful for at that very moment.
6. Watch a funny movie or television show. Laughter is important as it increases endorphins, the chemical that boosts your mood.
7. Tidy up your space. Viewing clutter can cause a spike in cortisol, the stress hormone. Therefore, as you clean the area around you, you may feel a decrease in stress, boosting your overall mood.
8. Enjoy a piece of chocolate, which can boost dopamine and serotonin— the feel-good chemicals that are naturally released in your brain.
9. Smelling lavender can help boost your mood as it interacts with GABA, the neurotransmitter that can help relax the brain and nervous system.
10. Consume Vitamin C, which can help to create neurotransmitters that regulate your mood. Some foods high in Vitamin C include but are not limited to citrus fruits, tomatoes, and broccoli.
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.